Kids Hurt Too Hawaii is now hiring for one full time position. Please see below for information on this exciting opportunity. Applications will be accepted through July 15, 2019. We wish to hire by August 1, 2019 or earlier.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Michael K. Moore at [email protected]
Or, go through our posting on Indeed.com.
Job Title: Case Manager
Kids Hurt Too Hawaii (KHTH) is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a full time Case Manager. This position would work strictly with grieving children, youth and caregivers who have been exposed to crime under our Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Project. We are seeking an individual with substantial knowledge of the communities on Oahu and Hawaiian cultural values and standards. More information can be found on our website at www.kidshurttoo.org.
The Case Manager is a non-exempt position hired and released by the Executive Director, and reports to the Program Director. The Case Manager oversees all client cases served under VOCA funding.
A qualified individual will have a Bachelor’s degree in a social services or related field, and three years’ experience providing case management with the target, or a crossover, population. An appropriate candidate will be able to manage and address the needs of families served by the VOCA-KHTH Project, particularly those that have arisen as a result of exposure to crime. This could be child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, or any other crime that may have created trauma for the family.
Services shall include assisting families with referrals for their children needing further evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, learning support, transportation, advocacy, or other needs as a result of exposure to crime, and; healthcare or immunizations. Services may include assisting families to navigate the legal system to obtain supports offered to victims of crime, and transportation.
- Provides face to face contact with children and families served. Completes and submits documentation of services provided within one working day.
- Assists, when applicable, with the intake process by helping the family to complete the consents for release of information and all other forms related to services at KHTH.
- Creates, with the family, a Case Management Service Plan with goals and objectives according to policy and the individual needs of the family served.
- Participates in the individual service planning meeting with the family and any other relevant team members, as needed.
- Maintains case records of assigned families in accordance with agency and project quality assurance standards.
- Participates with other service providers to accomplish joint services planning and to facilitate the provision of services to child and family; ensures that services are provided and helpful to persons served.
- Respects the cultural values and beliefs of the family. Provides services with the expected outcome for families served identified in the project scope.
- Maintains confidentiality of persons served, and an ethical code of conduct at all times.
- Complies with current policies for health and safety procedures at all times.
- Assists with the training of new staff members on client needs, as appropriate.